- The ELIC GP Clinical Lead for Maternity is Dr Kirsten Brown.
We have been working with the Homerton to ensure that each practice has a named midwife – ie the person who is your main point of contact for all antenatal/postnatal/midwifery issues. Although you may have a different midwife attending individual clinics this named person is your main link
Attached are the names and contact details for each practice, along with the names of the midwives who are in the various Childrens Centres (please note your named midwife is the main link with Childrens Centres as well)
- Named midwives midwives.doc
- Childrens Centre midwives CC midwives.doc
- Click here to download the Homerton Antenatal Guidelines 2011: Homerton AN Guidelines.pdf
- These have been jointly revised by the Homerton and our ELIC GP CLinical Lead for Maternity Dr Kirsten Brown.
Forthcoming education for GPs
- Homerton with ELIC, are planning an education session on 2nd December 2011 between 1.00pm and 4:30pm. This will include talks from Consultant Obstetricians and Consultants with specialist interest in looking after medical conditions in pregnancy.
- NB: Practices undertaking the antenatal LES will need to have a clinical practice representative in attedance between 1pm to 2.30pm to fulfil the training requirements for the LES
- Further information will be provided in due course and this event is also on the ELIC Events and Education Calendar ELIC Calendar
The Homerton has been able to achieve this due to the additional investment we pressed the PCT to make in midwifery services – there are a still a few gaps where new staff are yet to take up post and we will communicate the changes as and when. We are also discussing with Homerton additional midwifery investment to deliver one to one midwifery care
We will continue to work with those practices who are getting midwifery input for the first time to help agree the service with the Homerton.