- Primary Care Generalised Epilepsy MOM Pathway.pdf
Access to the Specialist Nurse in Epilepsy
Homerton has appointed a Specialist Nurse in Epilepsy: Harriet Spencer. This is an initiative from PBCers in conjunction with the Neurology department
- Harriet offers an ADVICE SERVICE TO GPs (and patients)about epilepsy problems
- Telephone: 020 8510 5912
- Leave a message anytime but Harriet has also set aside Wednesday between 0900 and 1330 to deal with questions
- Or email: email@example.com
- If you leave a message make sure you leave contact details and availability
- Please use this if you need some help or advice, not sure whether to refer etc
- Cases & notes from Epilepsy Diagnosis Education SessionNotes.ppt
- Cases & notes from Epilepsy Managment Education Session Dr Highton & Dr Liu's presentation.ppt
- Notes from Specialist Epilepsy Nurses Adele Larkin's presentation.ppt
Service development information:
Harriet will be making contact to visit practices. We have identified practices with patients admitted as emergencies with epilepsy related problems along with A&E attendances (we spent just over £125k on these in the first 6 months of this year). We will be sending this information out to you shortly so you can identify the patients - we suggest you start off by discussing these individuals with Harriet when she visits you.
We hope she will provide good support to patients (and carers) to help them manage their condition (without having to pitch up at A&E) as well as support all practices with service development
We will work with Harriet to focus and develop the service on local needs so what emerges from the practice visits will be key in helping set up the service and her role. Meantimes if you have ideas or thoughts please let me know.