ELIC CLINICAL COMMISSIONING LES 11-12
This page contains the specification for the ELIC Clinical Commissioning LES for 2011-2012 with additional documentation to support practices to fulfil the clinical behaviours and encourage consistently good quality referrals in line with our published joint clinical pathways.
ELIC CCLES Tracker Tool
The (MS Excel)LES Administration tool is based on the content of the LES specification.It is designed to support Consortium Leads, GPs and Practice Managers in tracking practice progress on the various tasks being completed under the LES. (Please check with your Consortium GP Lead(s)on how your Consortium plans to use this)
- NB: please download a copy of this MS Excel spreadsheet onto your PC / network and rename it using the 'save as' option from the 'File' menu. Any data entered onto the on-line version will not be kept!
- Click here to download the CCLES Tracker Tool: ELIC CCLES Tracker Tool 11-12 V3.1.xls
Identifying patients with frequent practice consultations (MUS Audit element)
Two ELIC practices recently took part in a Commissioning Support for London Pilot programme looking at frequent attenders in primary care and finding new ways to manage access and demand in this patient group. The 11-12 LES includes a baseline MUS audit which it is hoped will prove as valuable to all ELIC practices as it was in the pilot practices. Please download and read all the documents in this section before you embark on the Medically Unexplained Symtoms (MUS element) of the LES.
- Outline of the MUS audit: 12.7.11 Managing Frequent Attenders MUS 11-12.doc
- The deadline for submission of your MUS audit results to the CCG (which cannot be completed before 31.3.12) is Monday 7th May 2012
- Summary report CS4London pilot programme: MUS final GP Briefing.pdf
- Hints and Tips for GPs in managing patients Appendix V6 Hints and Tips.pdf
- MUS Poster for GPs rooms: MUS Poster V06.pdf
- For info: a recent article in PULSE re: the link between 'usual Dr' and reductions in emergency admissions: Pulse Article 13.5.11
- The Primary Care IAPT and PCPCS Services have also drawn up a helpful MUS Framework Document for greater clarity on the management of patients requiring low, medium and high intervention and support.
- Please click here to download this slide: MUS Framework.ppt
- ELIC MUS Audit Sheet for year end review of patients identified: MUS Audit Sheet.doc
- MUS presentation from the Clinical Commissioning Forum meeting 14th July 2011: MUS Presentation.ppt
Instructions for searches for frequent attenders
- For EMIS LV practices: click here for instructions to run the 'frequent attenders' appointment searches: EMIS LV Frequent attenders search.pdf
- For EMIS PCS practices or INPS practices click here for instructions on how to build a manual list: EMIS PCS interim solution.pdf
- NB Unfortunately we have not been able to identify with EMIS a way of EMIS PCS practices being able to run a search via PCS to identify patients attending more than 15 times during the 10-11 year. The EMIS WEB version of their instructions provided will only work for practices who are currently using the EMIS WEB Appointments Module and not those using the EMIS PCS appointments module. So EMIS PCS and INPS practices will need to create a manual list using the instructions above. (i.e. the EMIS PCS Interim Solution)
Updated: 5.9.11 EW